A small fisherman’s town which feels like the time has stopped, covered in sun and surrounded by the blueness of the sea, fascinates not only with it’s beauty but also with the scent of lemons, rosemary and lavender.
Komiža is the destination of the hedonist travellers that know how to rejoice the harmony with nature, and enjoy the loafing on the beach and having their coffee by the sea.
If you are tired of civilization, of everyday problems and you need to rest your body and soul surrounded by your dears, Komiža will be ideal refuge for you and will enable you the vacation that you dream of.
A small town with people of big heart, of the rich mediterranean architecture will guide you with it’s narrow stone streets to it’s rich past and tell you stories of it’s cultural heritage.
To make your vacation complete, you shouldn’t miss:
- Fisherman’s museum in “Komuna”, the venetian castle on riva from the15th century
- “Muster”, the monastery of St. Nicholas from the 13th century
- a romanesque church from the 15th century
- a baroque sanctuary from the 16th century
- the secesionist buildings
- swimming in the clear sea on numerous beaches of the place
- one day trip to the island of Biševo and seeing a unique Blue cave
- fresh fish and local specialties in one of the numerous restaurants and taverns
- taste the autochthone wines Plavac and Vugava
- visit the wine cellar
- the town of Vis
- having fun on the Fisherman’s night, on the first Saturday in august
- ritual ignition of a boat to celebrate the day of St. Nicholas on december 6th
- visiting the surrounding villages and beaches of the island
- excursions to the numerous agricultural households and enjoying the gastronomy of the island
- exploring the richness of the sea by scuba diving
- renting a car, a scooter, a boat or jet-ski
- touring the abandoned military barracks and Tito's cave
- www.tz-komiza.hr - Tourist Board of the Komiža
- www.tz-vis.hr - Tourist Board of the island of Vis
- Vis Central - Bilingual Guide
- www.manta-diving.com - Diving in Komiža
- www.jadrolinija.hr - Jadrolinija Ferryboats
- Krilo Jet - Catamaran timetable
Komiža is one of those places that are impossible to be indifferent to, that you can fall in love with ease and that justifies the placement of island of Vis as one of the Ten last paradise resorts on Mediterranean, by WWF (World Wildlife Fund).
Visit us in Villa Kamenica where you're welcome during all of the year.